Simple Desserts That Taste Great!
Here's some simple desserts you'll love to make - and eat.
1 Choc Cake mix
1 beaten egg
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teas. vanilla
5 tbs flour
3 oz. Nestle Choco-Bake
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 TBs hot water
2 sticks margarine
1 1/2 cups powder sugar
1 cup Crisco
1. Bake cake. Cool
2. Heat: 11/2 cup milk amd add 5TB flour til thick. Let cool. Cream together:
1 cup sugar,I stick margarine,I cup Crisco. Add this to flour/milk mixture.Mix and beat well. Spread over cooled cake
3.Frosting: melt 1 stick margarine and cool.
Beat 1 egg and add 1 teas. vanilla
mix choco-bake, 2 1/2 hot water,1 1/2 cup powder sugar. Add this to the cooled margarine beat and spread on cake.
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Cream shortening and sugars till fluffy. Add egg,milk,and vanilla. Beat well. Sift together dry ingred. Add to creamed mixture. Mix well. Chill 1 hour. Roll halfof the dough at a time. Roll out about 1/8 " thick.Cut with 2 1/2" round
d cutter. Place 1 teaspoon filling of your choice of pie filling in each cookie. Top with another cut out cookie and press edges with tip offork to sealBake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 min.
You will love this simple desserts recipe!
Fresh Peach Cobbler 6 Servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups peaches, fresh peeled OR canned and drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
NOTE: You may substitute any fruit for the peaches, just being careful that the amounts are approximately the same.
- Heat oven to 400F. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg in a 2 qt. saucepan. Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Pour into ungreased 2 quart casserole dish. Stir together the flour, baking powder, 1 T sugar and salt. Add the shortening and cut through with a fork until flour clings to shortening. Add milk. Form into a ball. Drop mixture by 6-8 teaspoonfuls onto hot fruit.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Boiled Custard(simple to make)5 eggs, beaten 2 cups white sugar 2 quarts milk 1 pinch salt
Cream together the eggs and sugar. Fill the lower pan of a double boiler 1/3 full of water, and bring to a low boil.
In the top of the double boiler add the creamed mixture, milk and salt; stir until mixture thickens and coats a spoon. Serve warm or chilled.
More Simple Desserts
Back to Dessert Recipes