Healthy Eating with Healthy Recipes
Healthy eating doesn't have to mean bland eating. Using the right recipes, you can make meals that are not only good, but are also good for you.
These are all healthy recipes so eat guilt free.
Healthy Barbecued ChickenMake this and see what I mean!
5 Tbsp (3 oz) tomato paste
1 tsp ketchup
2 tsp honey
1 tsp molasses
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
4 tsp white vinegar
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 tsp ginger, grated
1 1/2 lbs chicken (breasts, drumsticks), skinless
1. Combine all the ingredients except chicken in a saucepan.Simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Wash chicken and pat dry. Place on a large platter andbrush with 1/2 of sauce mixture.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigeratorfor 1 hour.
4. Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foiland broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
Did that whet the appetite? Well then, how about this recipe using vegetables? Are you enjoying healthy eating yet?
Stir-Fried Beef And VegetablesStir-frying uses very little oil.
2 Tbsp dry red wine
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp ginger root, peeled, grated
1 lb boneless round steak, fat-trimmed and cut acrossgrain into 1 1/2-inch strips
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 medium onions, each cut into 8 wedges
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed, and sliced
2 stalks celery, bias-cut into 1/4-inch slices
2 small green peppers cut into thin lengthwise strips
1 c water chestnuts, drained, sliced
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 c water
1. Prepare marinade by mixing together wine, soy sauce,sugar, and ginger.
2. Marinate the meat in the mixture while preparing vegetables.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet or wok. Stir-fry onionsand mushrooms for 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
4. Add celery and cook for 1 minute. Add remainingvegetables and cook for 2 minutes, until the green pepperis tender but crisp. Transfer vegetables to warm bowl.
5. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp oil to skillet. Stir-fry meat in oilfor about 2 minutes, or until the meat loses its pink color.
6. Blend cornstarch and water. Stir into the meat. Cook andstir until thickened.
Now, how about a little dessert? Yes - Healthy eating dessert as well.
Apple Coffee CakeApples and raisins keep this cake delectably moist–which means less oil and more heart health.
5 c tart apples, cored, peeled, chopped
1 c sugar
1 c dark raisins
1/2 c pecans, chopped
1/4 c vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg, beaten
2 c all-purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly oil a 13- x 9- x 2-inch pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the apples with sugar, raisins, and pecans. Mix well and let stand for 30 minutes.
3. Stir in oil, vanilla, and egg.
4. Sift together flour, soda, and cinnamon, and stir intoapple mixture about 1/3 at a time–just enough tomoisten dry ingredients.
5. Turn batter into pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Coolcake slightly before serving.
Which Healthy Eating Plan Should I Choose?
- Focus on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat or fat-free milk and milk products.
- Include lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts.
- Eat foods that are low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars.
- You want foods that provide your daily calorie needs.
Healthy eating is an important step towards a healthy you.
Healthy Eating RecipesBeef Steak
Oven Baked Pancakes
Healthy Diet Choices
Ten Cheap Foods That Are Good For You