Easy Healthy Recipes
Easy healthy recipes make it simple to cook for your family in a healthy manner. Eating healthy is important to your health.
To obtain and/or maintain your health, you need to exercise and eat healthy. Here are some easy healthy recipes that will get you started on the path to good nutrition. You can go to Exercise Tips to learn the exercise part.
This quick Southern dish contains no added fat and very little added salt in its spicy tomato sauce.
4 medium chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, and cut into 1-inch strips*
1 can (14 oz) tomatoes, cut up**
1 cup chili sauce, low-sodium
1½ cups green peppers, chopped (1 large)
1½ cups celery, chopped
¼ cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
1 Tbsp fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
¼ tsp salt
1. Spray a deep skillet with a non-stick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat.
2. Cook chicken in hot skillet, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Reduce heat.
3. Add tomatoes and their juice, low-sodium chili sauce, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Serve over hot cooked rice or whole wheat pasta.
*For convenience, you can use uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
**To cut back on sodium, try low-sodium canned tomatoes.
Rainbow Fruit Salad
Good as a side dish or dessert, this salad made from fresh fruit is naturally low in fat, saturated fat, and sodium and is cholesterol-free.
1 large mango, peeled and diced
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 bananas, sliced
2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
2 cups seedless grapes
2 nectarines, unpeeled and sliced
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
Honey orange sauce:
1/3 cup unsweetened orange juice
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1½ Tbsp honey
¼ tsp ground ginger
1. Prepare the fruit.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and mix.
3. Just before serving, pour honey orange sauce over the fruit.
1 lb 4 oz ground turkey
1 cup bread crumbs
¼ cup green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp prepared mustard
1½ Tbsp margarine
½ cup chicken broth
1. Mix ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, onions, and mustard in large bowl. Shape into four patties, about ½-inch thick.
2. Melt margarine in large skillet over low heat. Add patties and cook, turning once to brown other side. Cook until golden brown outside and white inside, about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and place on plate.
3. Add chicken broth to skillet, and boil over high heat until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Pour sauce over patties.
4. Serve on buns.
Are these easy healthy recipes or what?